Senior Database Administrator
EveryMatrix is looking for a Senior DBA in our Tech Ops team in Bucharest.
EveryMatrix is a leading B2B SaaS provider delivering iGaming software, content and services. We provide casino, sports betting, platform and payments, and affiliate management to 200 customers worldwide. The company is profitable, has over EUR 100m in annual revenues, and 700 employees in offices across ten countries in Europe, Asia and the US. EveryMatrix was founded in 2008 and remains a founder-owned private company.
To ensure success as a DBA, you should demonstrate flexibility, creativity, and the capacity to receive and utilize constructive criticism. A formidable DBA will demonstrate unsatiated curiosity and outstanding interpersonal skills.
Our future colleague is willing to keep up with industry trends and best practices, advising senior management on new and improved data engineering strategies that will drive departmental performance and improve overall data governance across the business, promoting informed decision-making and ultimately improving overall business performance.
- Setting up and maintaining replication, High Availability, backup and disaster recovery strategies;
- Monitoring the health and performance of several servers on a daily basis;
- Reporting query performance issues to the product teams (and suggesting optimizations);
- Troubleshooting and fixing performance issues (tuning configuration options);
- Working with several product teams to make sure their queries are designed for performance;
- Involved in the database design process, advises the developers on how to design new databases and how to optimize the structure of existing databases;
- Involved in the definition of the Databases setup and evolution strategy: hardware, virtualization, etc.
- Advanced knowledge and experience in PostgreSQL and/or MySQL and MSSQL database architecture and system design;
- Advanced knowledge and experience in PostgreSQL and/or MySQL and MSSQL database performance tuning principles;
- Experience as a DBA in a high-traffic, transactional environment;
- Experience with High Available database systems;
- Experience with scalability mechanisms for databases;
- Ability to work cooperatively with software engineers and system administrators;
- Problem-solving expertise and attention to detail;
- Experience in Linux environment with an understanding of the operating system;
- Advanced knowledge and experience in physical and logical database design;
- Support operations for both development and production databases;
- Experience and success in automating administrative tasks;
- Ability to work on call and provide 24/7 production support;
- Self-motivated, eager to learn and face challenges.
- A knack for independent and group work.
- 33 days off per year, including public holidays, rising to 43 by year 5 inside the company;
- 10 sick leave days per year (without a doctor’s note);
- 40% work from home over any 3-month period;
- If return to work soon after having child, 1 year 100% WFH for mothers;
- WFH after the child is born – for fathers: 13 weeks of 100% WFH (from the day of the birth of the child).
Benefits and Office perks:
- Daily catered lunch or lunch allowance in value of 85 EUR net per month;
- Medical Subscription – Regina Maria ;
- Our own in-house gym, health & well-being programs;
- Fruits Tuesday ;
- Access to online learning platforms Udemy for Business and O’Reilly and budget for external training;
- Massage at work;
- Frequent free-bar parties, annual whole-company parties (have previously rented our own planes to get everyone together!).
- Fun corner: ping pong table, PS4, lots of board games.
- Senior DBA
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
- Employment type
- Business Unit
Senior Database Administrator
Loading application form
Already working at EveryMatrix?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.